We love to hear from you! Please feel free to share with us.

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

09/09/09

Well Happy 09~09~09 everyone! Don't you just love crazy dates? I have a definite fascination with them...I mean, how cool is 07~08~09? However, I will admit that 06~06~06 did creep me out just a little!
So I had an interesting experience this week. I was peanut butter and breaded! I know...how bazar is that! But when you're locked in with about 20 highschoolers for 12 hours, crazy things are bound to happen! We had split the kids into 2 teams: boys vs. girls. When Nacho (her name is really Michelle but everyone calls her Nacho) brought out 2 jars of peanut butter and 2 bags of bread, the kids started to get kind of nervous. So when she asked for a volunteer, no one jumped up and down! I volunteered; how awful could it be? Nacho handed Colton, the men's volunteer, and I each an old shirt and told us to put it on. She handed each team a jar of peanut butter and the race was on! The girls began to quickly spread peanut butter all along my back and arms. The next thing I know, I am being bombed with bread! We were racing the clock and each other to see who could get the most bread to stick to that goopy mess....And I am proud to report that we women won! The girls said that was only because the boys cheated and personally I think it was because there was more of me for it to stick to!
So we are in the process of scheduling the paper piecing class. The pattern is soooo cute! Hope you all want to learn this technique, I have to admit, it is one of my favorites! Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment